This is the recipe that was on our original 2018 packaging. The big difference is less coconut milk.
Shopping List & Prep (serves 4)
- 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts (or substitute with tofu) cut into 1-2" pieces 2 cups vegetables like broccoli, green beans, bell peppers or carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ small bunch cilantro (or basil, Thai if available), roughly chopped—approx. ¾ cups
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, zest & juice
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk (full fat works best)
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2-4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Steam vegetables until al dente (firm), put aside.
- In large sauté pan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-low heat.
- Add shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring often until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add Masi Masa Spice Blend and cook, stirring constantly until spices
turn darker, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken (or tofu), toss until coated. Add coconut milk and lime zest. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer at a gentle bubble until chicken (or tofu) is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add steamed vegetables, lime juice and two-thirds of chopped cilantro and stir until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Serve over jasmine rice topped with remaining cilantro.