Spice-Rubbed Grilled Chicken or SteakThere’s nothing like some spice-rubbed chicken or steak with a simple fresh salad with a citrusy vinaigrette. This recipe works with any of our spice blends: Tikka Masala, Thai Green Curry or Ras El Hanout.
Shopping List & Prep (serves 4-6)
- 1 package Masi Masa Indian Tikka Masala Spice Blend
- 3 1/2–4 lbs. bone-in chicken or 2 lbs skirt, flap or flank steak
- 2 TBSP cilantro, minced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1” piece ginger, grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ingredients for salad (see SERVING IDEAS below)
- 1/4 C vegetable oil (OK to substitute olive oil)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients except chicken.
- In a large non-reactive pan or mixing bowl, rub mixture into chicken, coating completely.
- Let meat marinate while pre-heating grill.
- Pre-heat grill to medium high.
- Grill for 15 minutes.
- Turn over and grill for another 15-20 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients except meat.
- In a large non-reactive pan or mixing bowl, rub mixture into meat, coating completely.
- Pre-heat grill to high.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to low and cook another 1-2 minutes per side.
- Let rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
We like this dish with a green (or tomato and cucumber) salad dressed with a lemon-mint vinaigrette.