Thai Lettuce Wraps
Shopping List & Prep (serves 4)
1 package Masi Masa Thai Green Curry Spice Blend
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground chicken, turkey or pork (also works with tofu!)
- 2 large shallots or a medium-large yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head butter lettuce leaves (red leaf or iceberg lettuce will also work)
- Large bunch basil, cilantro and/or mint on the stem and/or bunch of green onions, chopped (for garnish)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat best!)
- 3 TBSP vegetable oil
In large sauté pan, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add shallots/onion and garlic. Cook, stirring often until softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground meat (or tofu) and cook, breaking up with spatula, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add Masi Masa Spice Thai Green Curry Spice Blend. Cook, stirring constantly until well blended with meat, about 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup coconut milk. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquids are absorbed, 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
TIP: Use the rest of the coconut milk in your Jasmine rice (just use whatever you have left to replace equivalent amount of water, cook as usual).
Spoon a few tablespoons (or more!) of meat or tofu into the center of a lettuce leaf and add a leaf or two (or more!) of fresh herbs—basil, mint and/or cilantro—or green onions. Eat with your hands like you would a taco.
For a quick side, try some steamed green beans tossed with a little coconut oil, grated ginger and salt & pepper.