Marinated Grilled Chicken
Shopping List & Prep (serves 4)
1 package Masi Masa Thai Green Curry Spice Blend
- 4 lbs. bone-in chicken with skin or 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken (breasts and/or thighs)
- 1 C fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 large shallot, coarsely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes (approx. 2 TBSP)
- 1 Thai or Serrano chili pepper (optional)
- Vegetables for side dish (optional, see SERVING IDEAS below)
- 1 cup coconut milk (not light)
- 1/3 C vegetable oil, plus more for brushing (OK to substitute olive oil)
- Salt, optional
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice (optional)
***Allow at least three hours to marinate meat.***
- Start rice
- Prepare chicken & marinade
- If using boneless breasts, place each breast between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound with flat side of mallet, rolling pin or cast iron pan to 1/2" thickness.
- Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or Tupperware.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. (NOTE: if using Thai or Serrano pepper, remove seeds and/or ribs if you want less heat)
- Pour spice mixture into bag or Tupperware, seal and turn chicken to coat evenly.
- Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight
- Grill chicken
- Build a medium fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to medium-high.
- Brush grill grates with oil.
- Scrape excess marinade off chicken; season with salt (optional).
- Grill chicken, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 3-5 minutes per side for boneless chicken, 12-15 minutes per side for bone-in chicken.
Serve with Jasmine rice and a steamed vegetable like green beans or broccoli.